Best static site generator or flat-file CMS
Started by anjana

2 posts in this topic
anjana

35 posts 11 threads Joined: Apr 2021
06-03-2021, 01:57 PM -
Which is the best static site generator or flat-file CMS? As I understand flat-file CMS use no database and hence is to install anywhere. I did try WordPress install but in some cases I feel WordPress blog install is an overkill.
apoorva

31 posts 16 threads Joined: Apr 2021
07-10-2021, 07:54 AM -
Try award winning Grav cms for flat file cms.

Quote:Grav is an open source project hosted on GitHub, originated by Trilby Media but made possible by an outstanding community of dedicated developers and users.
  • Flat-File Architecture

• Smart caching

• Instant Install

• CLI Tools

• Package Manager

• Extensive Documentation

• Awesome Technology

• Powerful Configuration Overrides

• Multi-Site Capabilities

• SEO Friendly

• Routing and Redirection

• Users and Roles

• Simple Backups / Restore

• Minimal Requirements

• Debugging and Logging

Download at grav
This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 07:54 AM by apoorva.
linux tea pot
anjana

35 posts 11 threads Joined: Apr 2021
09-16-2021, 05:26 PM -
I found something called Pico which is "stupidly simple & blazing fast, flat file CMS"! :-D

Quote:Pico is a stupidly simple, blazing fast, flat file CMS. That’s definitely a mouthful, what does it even mean? In the most basic sense, it means that there is no administration backend or database to deal with. You simply create markdown files in the content folder and those files become your pages. There’s much more to Pico than that though.

Let’s get this out of the way: Pico is not a turn-key solution. Pico trades one-click setups and complex management interfaces for blazing speed, flexibility, and a lightweight footprint. If a little bit of reading and some basic configuration sounds like too much then Pico is probably not for you.
This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 05:27 PM by anjana.